Monday, May 10, 2010

Ozzy Lets the Dogs Out

Vanity Fair interviews Hold Steady singer Craig Finn, and here are two brief excerpts. No. 1:
A few years ago, you wrote a piece for The Guardian nominating the Doors’ “Riders on the Storm” as one of the worst songs of all time, specifically for the lyrics “There’s a killer on the road/ His brain is squirming like a toad.” Have you written any songs or lyrics that in hindsight you wish you could take back?

There aren’t specific lyrics that bug me, but I do feel like I’ve maybe rhymed “bar” and “car” a few too many times in my life.
No. 2, responding to a question about rock star myths:
I remember some of the wild things I’d hear about Ozzy Osbourne as a kid. I heard that when you went to an Ozzy Osbourne concert, he lets loose all these dogs and the audience has to kill them before he’ll go on stage. Oh, and you know what my favorite myth is? That Gene Simmons died in a car accident and was replaced by a robot. I hope nobody thinks that happened to me, because what can you say? “I’m not a robot!”

The more you deny it...

...the more it’s probably true.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The organ solo doesn't help.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

I, also, am not a robot.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home