Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ellipses

Panoramic photographs of nearly every one of Manhattan’s 11,200 street corners. . . . A good friend of mine discovers a fact that sends his opinion of Teddy Roosevelt, “already fairly high . . . through the roof.” . . . Very, very late to this party, but Slate imagines what the Super Bowl would look like filmed by different famous directors. (Wes Anderson and Werner Herzog are my favorites. David Lynch is good, too.) . . . John Holbo at Crooked Timber asks about the U.S., “How is it possible, and what does it mean, to have a center-right nation, ideologically and electorally, that lacks a center-right, ideologically and electorally?” The site’s commenters, who tend to be left-left-left, talk it out. One of the more sensible opinions, to my mind, is here. . . . You should be reading Scott Adams’ blog if you’re not. I’m saying this to myself as much as to you. Adams created Dilbert, you might know. And I think he’s right about the iPad. . . . The Onion's video news network is so much better than I imagined it could be when it launched. Three recent clips: Obama negotiates with a wildfire; Iron Man producers make a bold decision; and a Packers fan decides to keep drinking. . . . I like this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Lindgren said...

Packers...

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home