Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Human Cuisinart

I'll have to make up for this with a really good Wednesday song this week. Surely, the phrase "it's so bad that it's good" was invented for something like what's below. Joe Queenan once saw John Tesh in concert (for research purposes), and wrote that, "With his shopworn, lounge-lizard stage gestures, eviscerated salsa compositions, and studied reveries, Tesh was a human Cuisinart of every hack musical stunt, effecting a strange synthesis of various mongrel styles..." He also noted that Tesh is "almost supernaturally vacant."

In this clip (sent to me by a friend), Tesh shares the story of how he wrote a sports theme for NBC, and then he plays it. Almost every nanosecond of this is funny, but the air dribble has to be my favorite part. Enjoy:

3 Comments:

Anonymous pf said...

Um, before I watched this, I didn't know that John Tesh had grown a goatee. Sure, it's funny, but when you consider that I burst my happy little bubble of John Tesh oblivion to watch it, maybe not funny enough. The next Wednesday Song better kick some serious ass, JW.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Dezmond said...

You know, as much as you want to hate it...he is so Tesh. None more Tesh. Somebody has got to serve that audience, somebody has got to be "that guy." I wonder what the hair requirements are to be in his band? I loved the violin dude in the Prussian military jacket.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my Mommy. I am scared.


(He looked a little too pleased with himself at the end of that performance.)

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home