Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not Sleepin'

For Wednesday (well, it's still Wednesday Central time, anyway), a song. One friend of mine is trying to convince me that the new U2 record is worthwhile, but I am, stubbornly, not believing it. The last thing the band did that I found even intermittently worthwhile was Zooropa, and that was -- I really hate to say this -- 16 years ago.

But before that, of course, there was U2, deservedly globe-conquering rock band. This is a performance from 1984 in Germany, of one of my favorite songs, of theirs or anybody's, "Bad." Enjoy:

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Damn, what a beautiful, powerful song. The Unforgettable Fire was one of those albums that changed the way I heard music. I haven't heard the new album and don't really plan to, Achtung Baby was the last U2 album that did it for me.

I was always glad The Police burned out after Synchronicity and we were not compelled to love everything they did after.

10:07 AM  
Blogger ANCIANT said...

Do NOT buy the new U2. Dez convinced me and I regret it hugely. It is just as crappy as all their recent work.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Dezmond said...

ANCIANT, you are wrong. It is not as crappy as their recent work.

7:07 PM  
Blogger ANCIANT said...

Dez, you're right. It's not as crappy as their recent work. But it's still crappy.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home