Monday, November 10, 2008

Songs That Make You Go :(

Dan over at Slowly Going Bald is asking for the saddest songs you know. Here are a few of my choices. Feel free to share yours below (and at Dan's, of course).

"You Had Time" by Ani Difranco
"Hope There's Someone" by Antony & the Johnsons
"Ain't No Way" by Aretha Franklin
"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt
"Pitseleh" by Elliott Smith
"July" by The Innocence Mission
"My Life" by Iris DeMent
"No Time to Cry" by Iris DeMent
Iris DeMent singing the phone book
"Sometimes I Forget" by Loudon Wainwright
"One Moment More" by Mindy Smith
"Sweetness Follows" by R.E.M.
"Ships Go Out" by Ron Sexsmith
"Avenues" by Whiskeytown

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Obviously George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" needs to be on this list.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cindy Fey said...

"Patches" by Lee Dickie. Just kidding. I meant "My Dear Companion" sung by Dolly, Linda and Emmylou.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

The cross is in the ballpark.

Awesome reference.

I don't expect to be treated like a fool no more

I don't expect to sleep through the night

1:02 AM  
Blogger Strath said...

"Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife" by the Drive-By Truckers

"Is it the Sea? My Home is the Sea" by Bonnie Prince Billy

"Brick" by Ben Folds Five

"The Peacemaker" by Hoyt Axton

"Ringing in My Ear" by Adem

"Story of an Artist" by Daniel Johnston

"Names" by Cat Power

"Brothers on a Hotel Bed" by Death Cab for Cutie

"On the Bus Mall" by The Decemberists

and the obligatory:

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoyt Axton!! Hallelujah.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home