Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Simpsons, Season Four

Over at Pajiba, they've been running a series about the 15 best seasons of TV from the past 20 years -- fifteen different shows, one season each. For me, this was a no-brainer, so I was very happy when no one chose "The Simpsons" before me. My post about its fourth season is up today. Here's how it starts:
For a rabid fan of "The Simpsons" such as myself, writing about the show’s fourth season is a bit like a baseball historian considering the ‘27 Yankees, or a European scholar trying to sum up the Renaissance, or a toothless hillbilly struggling to express the soul-rattling edification he feels sitting in the glow of "Blue Collar TV." In short, it’s overwhelming.

This is the best I can do at summation: "The Simpsons" is the best show in television history, and the fourth season was its peak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home