Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graduation Was, Like, Awesome

Best-selling and prize-winning author David McCullough spoke at Boston College's commencement ceremony last week, and he offered this advice to the graduates:
"Please, please do what you can to cure the verbal virus that seems increasingly rampant among your generation," McCullough implored...

He said he's particularly troubled by the "relentless, wearisome use of words" such as like, awesome and actually.
He then angrily urged the youngsters to not play Wiffle ball against his garage door.

(Link courtesy of Manny, who has two beautiful children, and recently told me that his son's first word was "taco.")

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are, like, awsome! I love this blog. By the way, I have to admit that I am guilty of using "actually" more than I should. I have been working on it, but it is actually more difficult than it seems.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The graduation was held at 5:30 AM just after DM had his morning grapefruit. He addressed the graduating class as "you crazy hooligans."

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home