Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spike on (the Presidential) Race

In last week's issue, New York devoted its culture pages to lists of the best New York-centric books, music, etc., released since the magazine began 40 years ago. The section also featured an interview with Spike Lee, mostly about making Do the Right Thing. But I most enjoyed this digression toward the end:
What do you think of Obama?
I’m riding my man Obama. I think he’s a visionary. Actually, Barack told me the first date he took Michelle to was Do the Right Thing. I said, “Thank God I made it. Otherwise you would have taken her to Soul Man. Michelle would have been like, ‘What’s wrong with this brother?’ ”

Does this mean you’re down on the Clintons?
The Clintons, man, they would lie on a stack of Bibles. Snipers? That’s not misspeaking; that’s some pure bullshit. I voted for Clinton twice, but that’s over with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your pieces on the campaign, and on Obama. Is there a reason you've been quiet that front lately?

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home