Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dad Fights Jason Bourne

It's been a while since I posted a review from my dad, so here's his take on The Bourne Ultimatum, which I haven't seen yet:
I guess I'm alone, but I would rate it #3 in the trilogy. It had its moments, but I have a hard time understanding the near unanimity of the rave reviews. Bottom line for me is that the dialogue and plot took a back (way back) seat to the handheld camera gimmickry. Some of it is fine and I suppose lends a touch of realism, but two hours of it could lead to motion sickness. The hand-to-hand combat scenes reminded me of the Richard Gere tap dancing scenes in Chicago. I like my karate to be less impressionistic and more literal. Matt Damon is an effective presence as the confused and dangerous Mr. Bourne, but my advice is not to wait on any long lines to see it. Let it come to you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home