Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another Day at the Zoo

Luckily, I'm not commuting these days. But I will be again before long. After what seemed like the apocalypse at around 5:30 a.m. this morning -- but turned out to just be a really bad rain storm (the thunder kept me up for about 30 minutes) -- New York's public transportation system was crippled by flooding. It's quite sunny right now, but the system is still slow to recover. One reader/commuter on the New York Times site offered this:
I saw men just pushing their way past a pregnant woman trying to board a crowded bus. It was animal behavior this morning.
Reminders of why I'm planning to sign another yearlong lease to live here can be sent to the e-mail address at right, or in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home