Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Wire

I watched the first season of HBO's The Wire last year, and immediately concluded it was better than anything (dramatic) that had ever been on TV. It was so good, in fact, that I've put off watching the second installment until now, because of what I figured were unfair expectations. So I'm far from ready to watch the fourth season, which just began and is already being called...really, really good.

I'm two episodes into the second season, and like the first, it's clear it will take a little while to get my bearings. I've been promised by a friend that Omar is going to show up again soon, and that's more than enough to keep me going, as if I needed a reason. If you're not familiar, this is Omar below. And in case you can't figure it out from this clip (which seems highly unlikely), he's a bad dude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man, go ahead and watch every episode you can. This is a show that actually lives up to the hype. You will not be disappointed. And if you haven't read David Simon's Homicide and his and Ed Burns The Corner, do that, too. You'll recognize some of the characters/issues/lines on The Wire, which only adds to enjoying the show, I think.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck. Mother fucker. Fuck. Fucker. Fuck fuck fucking fuck. Fuck. Mmmmm, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. The fuck? Fuck. Mmm, fuck. Fuck it. Mother fuck. Mother fuck. Aw fuck. Aw fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. Fucker. Aw fuck it. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I still have two minutes in the scene, but that's all I can transcribe. So, yeah, give me a call when you catch up to the third season--I'm dying to get caught up.

Kraig

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home