Thursday, August 17, 2006

State of the Blog Address

Blogging is hard, people. I know the image you probably have of me, slumped half-asleep in my rickety chair, wearing only boxer shorts and a tattered Yankees T-shirt, sipping a Snapple and trying not to get the crumbs of Pepperidge Farm cookies lodged in my keyboard, trawling the Internet for inspiring items about REM and sock puppets.

Well, I’ll have you know that I’m almost always wearing pants.

Things have been slow around here this week because I'm confronted with a very harsh reality. I'm moving in a couple of weeks, and for many of those days I'm going to be on vacation. Meaning, I have three (or four) nights left in which to pack up all my belongings, call a moving company, let the interested parties -- cable provider, energy provider, etc. -- know that I'm leaving. It can't be said too often, can it? Moving sucks.

Next week should be fun, though, as I’ll be in Saratoga Springs for most of it, playing the horses, taking leisurely strolls, and scouting possible locations for the gourmet cheese shop that a friend and I keep threatening to open up there. The good news for all of you – joyous news, really – is that I will be hauling my computer with me, so ASWOBA will not be on vacation. ASWOBA never rests.

Actually, ASWOBA will be lightly resting for the next few days, because of the aforementioned tasks surrounding relocation. I’ll still post some things, but I’ve got my work cut out for me. Pardon my relative silence. Lots of shouting and dancing soon, scout's honor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yankee jersey? Are you a fan? Would it really take me offering you a free ticket to a Yankee game to hang out with me? If so, I can oblige. Friday, September 1st. Free?

--kraig

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know moving can be a hassle! One helpful resource to keep in mind is the Cable Movers Web site where movers are able to quickly and easily set up digital cable, Internet and phone service at their new home by logging on to www.cablemover.com and clicking on “find your cable company.” Movers enter their new zip code and are directed to their new provider’s Web site (where they will receive special moving offers). Customers can schedule their cable services, such as digital cable, high-speed Internet or phone service, or bundle all three in a package.
"

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home