Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ramadan Comes to Springfield

One good friend gave me Season 4 of The Simpsons for my birthday. She tried to decline credit for excessive generosity, saying she was re-gifting it. Who cares? Once you have your hands on that, you hold onto it. It has to be the peak season of what I always argue (with a straight face) is the most impressive American cultural creation of the past 30 years.

It turns out, though, it's not just for America. There's now an Arabic version of the show. If you go to the story, you'll see that near the end a blogger known as The Angry Arab condemns the effort and the actors being used to voice it. I really don't mean to be culturally insensitive, but especially on a day when the Palestinians made quite a statement, I find it pretty bold to single oneself out as The Angry Arab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home