Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Disgusting, Charitable Act by Captain Kirk

William Shatner has sold a kidney stone that he passed last year. It went for $25,000 to GoldenPalace.com, collectors of oddities, and the money will go to Habitat for Humanity.

Can't knock a guy for donating money to a charity, but it's hard to imagine reaching a point of fame when auctioning off a kidney stone springs to mind.
The stone was so big, Shatner said, "you'd want to wear it on your finger."
Great line. Best use of jewelry and physical disgust since this exchange between Navin (Steve Martin) and Marie (Bernadette Peters) in The Jerk:
Navin: No! Maybe you've hit bottom, but I haven't hit bottom yet! I got a ways to go. And I'm gonna bounce back, and when I do, I'm going to buy a diamond so big it's going to make you puke!

Marie: I don't wanna puke! I don't want wealth! I just want you like you used to be! What happened to that man?
While we're speaking of Shatner, if you haven't yet, check out this clip of his interpretation of "Rocket Man" at a 1978 awards show. And then try to answer this: Just how freaking weird were the 70s? I was 0-6 during that decade, and I'm starting to worry about what I was subconsciously absorbing.

1 Comments:

Blogger JMW said...

I know he's a singer these days, and that's fine, but check out this clip -- I say "interpretation" because he's acting it out more than he's singing it. Truly creepy.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home